Dr. Dave Price and COVID-19
Little by little we are hearing more things we can actually do to protect ourselves that fall into the category of ‘every little thing helps’.
Our New Zealand NGO has wanted to make certain all of you have ‘little things’ that can help you work through, deal with, handle, cope with, manage, stay on top of and feel in control during this scary COVID-19 period.
Dr. Dave Price working Intensive care in NYC in the hospital at the centre of the COVID-19 epidemic. He’s reassuring, calm, clear, kind and direct. A must watch. https://vimeo.com/399733860 fbclid=IwAR3lqKNbosXlf7XyK3Oos0mz0uIvjopefNpVlu1bQ3seOnv4I39SVMBV3Q0
And we’re going to add to that list details of what we can do if we feel unwell. Little by little more is known about the ‘little things’ that can help us cope, prevent and manage this virus.
We’ll get through this with more skills for ourselves and loved ones.
1. Start gargling 3-5x/day with gargle of choice: warm/slightly salty water; dilute lemon juice, mouth wash, over-the-counter
2. Clean the inside of nose with slightly salted water either with Neti pot or snorting 2 drops/nostril 3-5/day
3. Only warming foods and drink. Sip warm water every 20-1 hour if mouth is dry
4. Drink 3 liters of home-made oral rehydration: a little salty/a little sweet (whatever you want to use). Drink more if mouth is dry
5. Suck herbal lozenges when needed
6. Fresh ginger warm drinks
7. If cold use hot water bottle or glass bottle filled with hot water wrapped in towel
8. If you have zinc take that daily
9. Hot shower every evening
10. Any signs of oppression in chest with shortness of breath put a small amount of Vicks up your nose, block one nostril and breathe into that side of lung until you feel that strong odour has penetrated. Do the other side. My experience is that this virus does not like strong odours. I felt much better after doing that.
11. Of course add anything else you want on top of those things.